denial. shock. sad. pain. acceptance. anger. peace. repeat. repeat. repeat...
HAPPINESS AT LAST!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

triggers

I'm so thankful that I have such an amazing therapist. When I'm not feeling so human or rational, she somehow manages to link things together in a beautiful way. I'm lucky to have her.

So it occurred to me not only am I hitting a sad place due to this upcoming weekend, but also because I was surrounded by triggers this weekend. Triggers so small I didn't even realize it would set me off, but a lot of triggers can lead to one, epic breakdown, which I definitely had. Finding the glasses was the tip of the iceberg. When my therapist first asked if there was anything else triggering these feelings outside of the glasses, I said "nope, I had a great weekend!" However, as I was talking more, it all started coming out.

Being aware of the little things is important to note because you don't even realize the impact of the smallest things.

No comments:

Post a Comment